You can use the online service to:
- apply for or renew a collection agent representative certificate;
- change your contact information (under the Regulation respecting the application of the Act respecting the collection of certain debts, collection agent representatives are required to indicate their personal contact information);
- pay the duties that apply to your certificate. Note that the payments must be made online by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express). No payments will be accepted by phone;
- check whether your certificate is valid;
- indicate the collection agent(s) with whom you are affiliated. To do so, you will need the permit number of the collection agent that employs you or with whom you have a service contract. You can find this number using the Get information about a merchant tool.
The Office de la protection du consommateur can also send you information concerning your work as a representative or your certificate renewal. Be sure to enter a personal email address to which you will always have access.
The responsibility for providing the information and declarations required for the issue or maintenance of your certificate is yours alone. No other person may complete this process for you.
ClicSÉQUR authentication service
To access or register for the online service, you must first authenticate your identity through clicSÉQUR, the Québec Government's authentication service. You will then be redirected to the Office website.