To conduct your operations, you must request a travel counsellor certificate, and then renew it every year.
How to request a certificate for the first time
To obtain your certificate for the first time, you must:
- create your account online using the Travel Counsellor Certification Management service. You will obtain a record number starting with "CCV" (ex.: CCV2018xxxxxxxx);
- register with the ITHQ to an exam (fees apply) and pass it. Your record number will be required;
- once you have passed the exam, affiliate with a travel agency and pay the certificate issuance duties. You will receive an email from the Office to that effect. The duties are $60 until June 30, 2021. They are indexed on July 1 of each year based on the consumer price index;
- enter the travel agent licence number of the travel agency with which you are affiliated in your account.
The Office will issue the certificate following receipt of a request that is complete and in compliance with the requirements. It can be consulted at any time on the Travel Counsellor Certification Management service Summary page.
Your certificate authorizes you to carry out travel sales as long as you are employed by a travel agent or have an exclusive service contract with that agent.
Important: After you have passed the test, you have a 2-year deadline to pay the certificate issuance duties and enter into a contractual relationship with a travel agency. After that deadline, your certificate will be cancelled and you will have to pass an exam once again.
How to renew a certificate
To renew your certificate, you must:
- access your online account using the Travel Counsellor Certification Management service;
- update your account information, if applicable;
- if you need to modify or end your active contractual relationship, update this information on the Contractual Relationship page;
- proceed to the payment of the applicable renewal duties on the Payment page. These duties are $30 until June 30, 2021. They are indexed on July 1 of each year based on the consumer price index.
Please note that no payment will be accepted by telephone to renew your certificate. Payment must be made online by credit card.
You can consult the renewed certificate at any time on the Travel Counsellor Certification Management service Summary page.
Last update : September 16, 2020
Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.
The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.