Here are a few tips for choosing a trusted and well-established snow removal company:
- Ask your neighbors or family members to pass on the name of the snow removal company they received good service from.
- Contact several snow removal companies to become familiar with the way things work in your area.
- Get information about pricing, payment methods, and types of contracts. A serious company will take the time to answer your questions. Such a company has actual offices and extensive experience and can provide recommendations if requested.
- Do not trust someone who approaches you with just a telephone number as contact information. In case of a problem, you could have trouble tracking down that person.
Verify whether the snow removal company representative has an itinerant merchant license
A snow removal company representative is considered an itinerant merchant if they solicit your business outside of their actual offices, for example, if they come to your home without your requesting it.
This type of merchant must have a license from the Office de la protection du consommateur and provide a written contract.
Getting information about a snow removal company
You can get further information about a snow removal company using the tool Get information about a merchant. By entering the name of a moving company into the tool, you will know:
- if they are licensed, in the case of an itinerant merchant;
- if the Office has previously intervened with them;
- if it has received formal notices from other consumers.
Last update : October 22, 2020
Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.
The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.