The snow removal company may inadvertently damage your property while clearing your driveway. If this happens, here are the options:

Negotiating with the snow removal company

Try to reach a damages agreement with the snow removal company. Visit the page Negotiating with a merchant to find out how to do so.

Sending a formal notice

If the company refuses to compensate you, you can send a formal notice. The page Sending a formal notice provides further information on this topic.

Filing a complaint with the small claims court

If a merchant does not respond to the request you made in the formal notice, you can resort to the courts. The page on small claims court provides further information on this topic.

Last update : May 3, 2021

Was the information on this page useful to you?

Didn’t find the answers to your questions?

If you have a question for the Office or would like to file a complaint, please call us or use our information request form.

Do you have a comment on the content of this page?

You can contact the webmaster to in the content of this page.

The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.