The quantity and the type of wood delivered to you must correspond to what the merchant specified. For example, if the vendor had promised you 3 cords of wood and delivered only 2, they have not honoured their commitment. If such a situation happens, here is what you can do.

Negotiating with the merchant

Try to reach an agreement with the merchant to obtain the requested quantity or type of firewood. The page Negotiating with a merchant provides tips to do so.

Send a formal notice

If you cannot reach an agreement, you can send a formal notice. The page Sending a formal notice provides further information on this topic.

Taking a case to small claims court

If a merchant does not respond to the request you made in the formal notice, you can resort to the courts. The page on small claims court provides further information on this topic.

Last update : May 3, 2021

Was the information on this page useful to you?

Didn’t find the answers to your questions?

If you have a question for the Office or would like to file a complaint, please call us or use our information request form.

Do you have a comment on the content of this page?

You can contact the webmaster to in the content of this page.

The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.