The Office de la protection du consommateur advises you to sign a contract with the buyer of your vehicle. While it is not mandatory to sign a contract, it can be useful in case of a problem. The contract could for example include the following information:
- your contact information;
- the buyer’s contact information;
- the contract’s date of signing;
- details about the vehicle (make, model, year, and so on);
- the deposit paid, if any;
- the total value of the transaction.
Last update : May 3, 2021
Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.
The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.
You can reach one of our customer service officers by telephone or in writing using our information request form.