You can dispute fees charged by a merchant to refurbish a vehicle at the end of a lease.

If you unsuccessfully tried to settle the problem with the merchant, you can dispute their claim in court. The page Presenting a case to the small claims court explains how to do so.

The merchant cannot compensate for expenses by using the security deposit. Instead, they must return the security deposit to you and then claim the necessary charges.

You recommend this page:

Last update : May 3, 2021

Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.

The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.