If a fitness or weight-management centre closes its doors before the end of your membership, you may be entitled to a reimbursement.

To obtain their physical fitness studio permit, fitness and weight management centres must provide a security to the Office. This security may be used to reimburse members if the centre closes its doors.

How to get a reimbursement

Start by visiting the Compensation section of the Office website. Use the search tool to check whether a file in the fitness centre’s name has already been posted.

If you are unable to find the fitness centre you are looking for, you can contact the Office by telephone.

The complete procedure to obtain a reimbursement is presented in the Compensation section.

Last update : May 3, 2021

Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.

The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.