Before you register with a dating agency online or by telephone, check the details of the merchant’s offer.
Information the merchant is required to provide
Before you complete your registration, the merchant is required to provide you with the following information:
- the dating agency’s name and contact information, including their telephone number, fax number and email address;
- a detailed description of the services they offer;
- the total amount charged, namely the price of services, evaluating your file and taxes;
- the frequency and terms of payment;
- a description of any additional fees you may be charged;
- the date on which you will begin to receive their services;
- the currency (Canadian dollars, US dollars, etc.) in which the transaction is to be paid;
- their cancellation policies.
From the moment you enter into an agreement with the merchant, that merchant has 15 days to send you a written contract. The contract must contain the same information as well as any other compulsory clauses.
Last update : October 30, 2020
Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.
The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.