Before registering for a course online or by phone, find out more about the merchant's offer.
Information that must be provided by the merchant
Before you complete your registration, the merchant must provide the following information:
- their name, business name, and contact information, including their phone and fax numbers and email address;
- a detailed description of the services offered;
- a detail of the amounts invoiced (i.e. service fees, other fees, and taxes) as well as the total amount to be paid;
- the frequency and terms of payment;
- the description of additional fees that could be requested;
- the date on which the courses will start;
- the transaction currency (Canadian dollars, US dollars, and so on); utilisée pour payer le montant de la transaction;
- the cancellation and refund policies.
From the moment you enter an agreement with a merchant, the merchant has 15 days to send a paper copy of the contract. The paper copy of the contract must contain the same information, as well as all other mandatory clauses.
Purchase made on a group purchasing Web site
If you purchase a prepaid card or a voucher that can be redeemed for course on a group purchasing Web site, you enter into 2 different and distinct contracts.
The second contract is the one provided by the merchant that is offering the course. This contract must feature all the mandatory information that must be included in a course contract.
Last update : October 29, 2020
Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.
The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.