Are you not the person who owes the money claimed by a creditor? The creditor may have confused you with another person with the same name.

Right from the 1st contact, let the creditor know he or she has made a mistake. The creditor will not be allowed to contact you again. If he or she does, you may file a complaint with the Office de la protection du consommateur. The page titled Contact Us lists our contact information.

You recommend this page:

Last update : May 3, 2021

Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.

The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.