If you see that a collection agent is not obeying the law, and you are suffering damages as a result, you have 3 years as of the day on which the problem began to present your case before the courts.

You may file a claim for damages, i.e. a sum of money to repair the harm that was caused. It is the court that will set the amount.

Last update : May 3, 2021

Was the information on this page useful to you?

Didn’t find the answers to your questions?

If you have a question for the Office or would like to file a complaint, please call us or use our information request form.

Do you have a comment on the content of this page?

You can contact the webmaster to in the content of this page.

The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.