Have you been duped by a fake business opportunity? The Consumer Protection Act protects you if you can prove that you were the victim of false statements. If such is the case, you can file a complaint with the Office de la protection du consommateur. We will inform you about the means available to help you solve your problem.

You may have to present your case in court in order to recover your investment or cancel your contract. The judge will have to take into account the fact that, if you had known that you were being given false statements, you would not had entered into a contract or you would not have invested such a high amount in the business.

Last update : September 26, 2022

Was the information on this page useful to you?

Didn’t find the answers to your questions?

If you have a question for the Office or would like to file a complaint, please call us or use our information request form.

Do you have a comment on the content of this page?

You can contact the webmaster to in the content of this page.

The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.