Before answering a classified ad offering you to work from home, study it carefully. If in doubt, seek the advice of an informed person. You can also contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.
Beware of any businesses that:
- operate only via correspondence;
- only provide a post office box for an address;
- claim money from you up front;
- ask you to send them your banking data;
- ask you to purchase material for paid piecework;
- promise high income for little effort;
- remain vague as to the nature of the tasks to be performed;
- involve the transfer of funds by electronic means.
Last update : September 26, 2022
Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.
The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.