What happens if the camp your child is attending closes its doors during the course of the contract and the merchant owes you a sum of money? You can send the merchant a formal notice to reimburse you for the services you have paid for but not received. The page titled Sending a Formal Notice explains the procedure to follow.

If the merchant refuses to reimburse you, you can plead your case before the courts. The page on the small claims court provides details on this subject.

If the camp goes bankrupt

What happens if the camp goes bankrupt? You can refer to the website of the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy Canada or call your regional office.

The bankruptcy trustee should send you a proof of claim form and an information package. Follow the instructions as indicated. Be sure to also gather any documents that prove the company owes you money.

Last update : May 3, 2021

Was the information on this page useful to you?

Didn’t find the answers to your questions?

If you have a question for the Office or would like to file a complaint, please call us or use our information request form.

Do you have a comment on the content of this page?

You can contact the webmaster to in the content of this page.

The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.