A repair person must provide an invoice after repairing a computing device that is covered by the law. The invoice must include:
- Your name and address;
- The repair person’s name and address;
- A description of the repaired device;
- Details of the repair work done;
- The parts that were replaced and their corresponding prices, including details regarding whether the parts were new, used, or refurbished;
- The number of labour hours, the hourly rate, and the total labour costs;
- The total costs for the repairs;
- Details about the device’s warranty.
Repair work done on a computer or a tablet is guaranteed for 3 months, so make sure the repair date is indicated on the invoice.
Last update : October 15, 2020
Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.
The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.