The Platform to Assist in the Resolution of Litigation Electronically (PARLe) provides consumers and merchants with a free, quick service to resolve a dispute between them. It was developed by Université de Montréal's Cyberjustice Laboratory and adapted to the needs of the Office de la protection du consommateur. For the time being, this tool is available in French only.
Using PARLe to try to settle a dispute has several benefits:
- a neutral, private and secure environment in which to negotiate;
- the possibility of calling on a certified mediator who is a member of the Barreau du Québec or the Chambre des notaires du Québec, if need be;
- a simple, practical and free solution, regardless of the value of the goods or services involved;
- an effective tool to settle a dispute within 30 business days, on average, without having to petition the courts.
Since it was launched online in November 2016, the platform has yielded significant results, namely:
- a dispute settlement rate of nearly 70%;
- a user satisfaction rate of nearly 90%.
This project by the Office has been awarded the Prix d’excellence 2018 from the Institut d’administration publique du Québec (IAPQ) in the digital initiatives category.
For further details refer to:
Last update : May 19, 2020
Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.
The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.