To be listed in the Get Information About a Merchant tool, a merchant must fulfill at least one of the following conditions. The merchant must either:
- have been the subject of a monitoring action by the Office de la protection du consommateur, more specifically, the merchant must:
- have signed a voluntary commitment;
- have received a formal notice from a consumer of which the Office has received a copy. This formal notice must meet the Office’s criteria for publication;
- hold or have held a permit or licence issued by the Office in one of the applicable business sectors (in French only);
- be a participating merchant on Parle consommation.
Was the information on this page useful to you?
The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.