Find out about the contents and conditions of the merchant or manufacturer warranty. If there is a document that describes the warranty, ask to be given a copy. Otherwise, have the details written on your invoice or in your contract.
Contents of the document that states the warranty
If the merchant gives you a contract or any other written document that describes the warranty, it must be clearly written and indicate:
- the name and address of the person who grants the warranty;
- a description of the item or service covered by the warranty;
- information as to whether or not the warranty can be assigned;
- the obligations of the person who applies the warranty if the item is defective or the service non-compliant;
- the procedure to have the warranty applied and the name of the person to contact;
- the exact length of the warranty.
Any warranty exclusions must be clearly indicated by the merchant or manufacturer.
Last update : November 12, 2020
Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.
The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.