If the establishment from which you purchased a treatment package closes its doors during your contract term:

  1. Check whether you can receive the treatments from another member establishment operating under the same brand.
  2. If this is not possible, ask for a refund by sending a formal notice. Go to the Formally notifying a merchant page for information on how to proceed.
  3. If the merchant refuses to compensate you, you can initiate court proceedings. The Filing a complaint with the small claims court page provides details on this subject.

If the business goes bankrupt

What happens if the business goes bankrupt? You can consult the website of the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy or call your regional office.

The bankruptcy trustee should send you a proof of claim form and an information package. Follow the instructions indicated in the package. Be sure to also gather any documents that prove the company owes you money.

Last update : May 3, 2021

Was the information on this page useful to you?

Didn’t find the answers to your questions?

If you have a question for the Office or would like to file a complaint, please call us or use our information request form.

Do you have a comment on the content of this page?

You can contact the webmaster to in the content of this page.

The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.