Role of the Council
The Conseil consultatif des consommateurs:
- allows the Office to consult its partners on:
- the application and review of laws and regulations under its responsibility,
- the processing of complaints received from consumers,
- the education and transmission of information to consumers and merchants,
- the promotion and development of consumer protection organizations,
- its mandates of research and monitoring;
- promotes the exchange of ideas and discussions about matters related to consumer protection.
The Conseil consultatif des consommateurs is made up of 12 members:
- 6 people belonging to Quebec consumer protection bodies and designated by:
- the Coalition des associations de consommateurs du Québec (CACQ, 2 members),
- the Union des consommateurs (2 members), and
- the Office’s board (2 members). The people designated by the council are not part of the two preceding organizations;
- 2 consumer protection experts working in the academic environment and appointed by the board of the Office, these being:
- an expert in consumer law, and
- an expert in consumption;
- 4 representatives of the Office, these being:
- the president,
- the vice-president,
- the director of consumer services and administrative surveillance, and
- the director of legal affairs.
The duration of terms is 2 years, with the possibility of a one-year extension.
The council is currently made up of the following members:
- Mr. André Allard, Office de la protection du consommateur;
- Ms. Nathalie Champagne, Service d’aide au consommateur de Shawinigan;
- Mr. Denis Falardeau, ACEF de Québec (CACQ);
- Mr. Gary Frost, Office de la protection du consommateur;
- Ms. Marie-Claude Champoux, Office de la protection du consommateur;
- Ms. Yannick Labelle, Union des consommateurs;
- Mr. Pierre-Claude Lafond, Université de Montréal (consumer law expert);
- Ms. Karine Robillard, Option consommateurs;
- Ms. Sonia St-Pierre, ACEF du Grand-Portage (Union des consommateurs);
- Ms. Marjorie Théberge, Office de la protection du consommateur;
- Ms. Marie-Édith Trudel, ACEF Rive-Sud de Montréal (CACQ);
- Mr. Saïd Zouiten, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières.
Last update : March 6, 2019
Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.
The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.