The Comité consultatif des agents de voyages was created in 2004 through a modification of the Regulation respecting travel agents.
Role of the committee
The Comité consultatif des agents de voyage:
- advises the minister responsible for the Office on all matters related to travel agents;
- provides its opinion to the minister on any question they submit.
The committee is made up of 9 members, these being:
- the president of the Office de la protection du consommateur;
- 8 members appointed by the minister responsible for the Office.
Among the members appointed by the minister:
- 4 are appointed after a consultation of representatives from the travel industry;
- 2 are appointed after a consultation of consumer representatives;
- 2 are appointed to represent the government administration.
The duration of terms is 3 years.
The committee is currently made up of the following members:
- Mr. André Allard, Office de la protection du consommateur;
- Ms. Sylvie De Bellefeuille, Option consommateurs;
- Mr. Bernard Bussières, Association des tours opérateurs du Québec;
- Mr. Jean Colette, Association des agents de voyages du Québec;
- Mr. Marc Croteau, ministère des Affaires municipales et de l’Occupation du territoire;
- Ms. Marie-Claude Champoux, Office de la protection du consommateur;
- Ms. Laurence Marget, Groupe de recherche en animation et planification économique de Québec (GRAPE);
- Ms Manon Martel, Association canadienne des agences de voyages (ACTA-Québec);
- Mr. Claude St-Pierre, Association des tours opérateurs du Québec.
Last update : March 6, 2019
Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.
The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.