If you held a temporary collection agent representative certificate, that certificate expired on January 1, 2021.
We wish to remind you that you had until December 31, 2020 to pass an exam and complete the procedures using the online Collection Agent Representative Certification Management service, namely:
- affiliate with a collection agent (or update your affiliation);
- pay the certificate issuance duties by credit card.
What to do based on your situation
In order to be authorized to continue or resume your activities as a collection agent representative, you must settle your situation. Two scenarios are possible:
- If you have not yet passed the test, you must submit a new certificate application.
- If you have already passed the test, you must create a new clicSÉQUR account and complete the following steps.
Creating a new clicSÉQUR account
Before creating an account
It is important that the email address associated with your clicSÉQUR account be an address to which you will always have access, even if you change employers. Otherwise, you may have difficulty accessing your file if you forget your clicSÉQUR user code or password.
In addition, we recommend that you take note of your user code and password, as you will have to go back to your profile on a regular basis.
Here is the procedure to follow
- Create a clicSÉQUR account:
- Go to the Collection Agent Representative Certification Management page and access the online service;
- Click on "Create an account" in the right-hand box and follow the instructions.
- Once your clicSÉQUR account has been created, you will be redirected to the Office website. Click on "I wish to obtain a certificate" and fill out the certification file as indicated.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the following information:
- the number of the file you have just created, which begins with “CAR2021” (e.g. CAR2021xxxxxxxx);
- the fact that you would like the result of your exam to be transferred to this new file;
- the number of your expired certificate, with which the result of your exam is currently associated (ex.: CAR2019xxxxxx).
- You will receive an email from the Office. You will be asked to access your online file to finalize the procedure. You will be required to pay the invoice uploaded to your file and affiliate with a collection agent in order for your certificate to be issued.
The exam’s validity period
The exam you have passed is valid for 2 years. If you do not complete the online procedure within that period, you will have to take the exam once again.
Contact us by email at email@example.com.
Last update : January 8, 2021
Were you unable to find an answer to your question? Please call us.
The information contained on this page is presented in simple terms to make it easier to understand. It does not replace the texts of the laws and regulations.